Begin by eating the breakfast that you normally would. If you normally don’t eat anything, do that!
EXERCISE – Stairs
Aerobic exercise is one of the key ingredients for keeping a TypeE physiology running smoothly. Make your way to the set of stairs you’ve found at work or home. A gentle incline will work just as well.
Start climbing the stairs in a relaxed fashion until you feel your heart beat beginning to pick up. This can be in as few as three steps or as many as three hundred. It doesn’t matter. Once your pulse has risen, continue for a few more moments before resting. Repeat this exercise once more, sometime in the early evening if possible.
EXHALE – Focused Breathing / Quick Thought Clearing Technique
Breathing is an afterthought for most of us. Yet with improper breathing we can throw our bodies into stress. For this exercise, take a break from work and find a comfortable place to sit for a few minutes. It’s a great way to move from agitation to calmness in a very short time.
With your eyes and mouth closed, bring your awareness to the tip of your nose. Feel the air as it passes in and out of your nose. Keep your mind focused on that coming and going of the air. Notice the temperature of the air. Are there any particular scents surrounding you? Become aware of the rhythm of your breathing. Is it fast or slow? Allow yourself to slow the breathing down by taking slightly deeper breaths.
- ¿What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
- ¿How long did it sustain you?
- ¿When did your energy drop leaving you sleepy, spacey, less ¿responsive or agitated?
- ¿What impact did the Aerobic Exercise have on you today?
With a little practice, you will find this technique helps to clear your thoughts and relax your body in no time at all.
ENJOY – SpeedRelaxation and Body Awareness
You will use your body as a biofeedback instrument during this exercise.
- This time before you listen to SpeedRelaxation count the number of breaths you take in one minute.
- When you have completed the exercise count the number of breaths again during a one minute period. You should notice a decrease in your breathing rate – a sign of relaxation.
This is a demonstration of your own ability to change your physiology from stress to relaxation without changing anything outside of you – all within seven minutes. Stress is an inside job!
- ¿Did you try the Breathing Exercise? ¿What was it like for you?
- ¿Have you been using SpeedRelaxation?
- ¿What new awareness’s did you have adding the Body
- ¿Awareness exercise to the process?
Remember, this is your life, now, today. There is no rewind button on today. This is it. The deeper you can experience today, the richer tomorrow will be.